The twin-screw extruder is one of the multi-screw extruders. In the barrel of the twin-screw extruder developed on the basis of the single-screw extruder, two screws are placed side by side, so it is called a twin-screw extruder. The twin-screw extruder consists of a feeding system, an extrusion system, a heating system, a transmission system, a rotary cutting system and a control system. The material is fed by the feeder, and the barrel is subjected to high temperature, high pressure and high shear to puff the material to achieve the desired quality requirements such as the tissue state.
The main features of the twin-screw extruder:
1. The host adopts advanced frequency converter speed control technology to make the equipment powerful, smoother and more energy efficient.
2. The screw adopts alloy steel nitriding treatment, the life of the screw is longer, and the individual equipment adopts the modular structure of the building blocks, which can be combined according to different needs.
3. Depending on the automatic temperature control system, the temperature control is more intuitive and the parameters are more precise.
4. Lubrication system to ensure that the equipment transmission has a longer life.
5. The screw has self-cleaning function, no need to assemble screw cleaning
6. Different screw and length to diameter ratio can meet different production processes.
The twin-screw extruder has a wide range of raw materials, a variety of shapes and flexible configurations. Different models and configurations can be chosen to produce different products. At present, the application of twin-screw extruder is mainly as follows: one is to produce all kinds of snack foods by using corn and potato as raw materials; the other is to produce various kinds of artificial foods by using flour as raw material; the third is to produce tissue by using vegetable protein as raw material. Protein food (commonly known as artificial meat); Fourth, the use of grains, beans or potatoes as raw materials, after puffing to make a staple food. In addition, other products can be produced according to different equipment combinations.